June 21, 2015-June 25, 2015
Participants will enjoy:
- Mechon Hadar’s signature approach to immersive Beit Midrash learning, and its stellar faculty.
- A carefully crafted daily pedagogy seminar with Dr. Orit Kent, Senior Research Associate and Allison Cook, Affiliated Scholar, both at the Mandel Center for Studies in Jewish Education at Brandeis. They will share their considerable experience and research into the multifaceted ways to use Hevruta learning with students and in professional development settings.
- Participants will engage in meaningful text study to enrich their minds and souls.
- Teachers and Administrators will explore the dispositions and practice of “relational-based teaching” in Rabbinics and Bible text study.
- Peer sharing ongoing support from Allison and Orit throughout the year.
We are proud to offer this program at only $750 per teacher, which includes all travel, lodging and most meals covered!
NEW THIS YEAR:
Up to three individualized consulting sessions with Allison or Orit
two whole group webinars throughout the year!
Space is limited. To apply, click here.
We strongly urge you to send at least two teachers per school!
“What a privilege it was to learn with professional colleagues this summer at Yeshivat Hadar. We established a network of day school professionals with a shared commitment to skills-based pedagogy driven by inquiry and committed to helping students forge meaningful connections to text study and Jewish living. Together, we studied, questioned, and discussed important issues in our teaching practice. Those sorts of opportunities are rare but extremely important for teachers. I brought my learning back to my own school, where I am leading my teaching team in developing havruta pedagogy for our students.This work will drive forward the 21st century skills our students need.”
–Betsy Forrester, teacher at SSDS of Metro Chicago